Anytime prior to, during, or after a major storm/hurricane, contact one of the following mutual aid coordinators who will make arrangements for emergency assistance. Staff will work with you to either help you find crews or help you provide assistance to others. The telephone numbers below are cell phones, and are kept ON at all times before, during, and after storms.
- Cheryl Anderson (850) 251-5465
- Joe McKinney (407) 947-5038
Before the Storm
- Check contact information. Make certain all your utility contact information is correct on the FMEA Mutual Aid Directory.
- Identify available crews. If the storm is not predicted to hit your area, tell the mutual aid coordinator how many crews you have available for assistance to others.
After the Storm
- Call a coordinator after the storm for two reasons. One is to request assistance, and two, to report on your outage status.
- Identify the types of work crews you may need. These include specialists in overhead, underground or transmission.
- Identify the types of materials you may need. For example, types of wire, connectors, cut outs and fuses.
- Identify the types of equipment you may need. This includes bucket trucks, digger derricks, and chain saws.
Mutual aid coordinators will compile a list of needs for your community, then work with you to contact other electric utilities.
Out-of-state emergency assistance
If you are requesting any assistance from an out-of-state utility or contractor, the State Department of Transportation requires that you call ESF-12 (Emergency Operations Center) at (850) 921-0167 with the following information:
- Name of company traveling into Florida;
- Number of vehicles;
- Destination in Florida;
- Your contact information.
If you fail to supply this information, the trucks may be stopped at the border.
Providing crews to fellow utilities
If after a storm you have crews available to assist others, call a mutual aid coordinator to offer your availability. Please identify your crews’ capabilities, e.g., overhead, underground, and transmission. In addition please identify type of equipment/trucks they can bring.
The FMEA Mutual Aid Directory is updated throughout the year and e-mailed to mutual aid coordinatorsand FMEA members throughout the hurricane season.. Send directory information updates to: Brenda Thompson, Office Manager; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: (850) 224-3314, ext. 3; or fax changes to (850) 224-2831.