Thank you to our Proud 2014 Host
What is the Florida Lineman Competition?
A competitive event in which lineworkers from Florida’s municipal utilities, electric cooperatives and investor-owned utilities demonstrate their skills, knowledge and teamwork while performing actual line work procedures. Working safely as individuals and a team is essential in a profession where serious injury or death are real possibilities. The competition simulates real-world situations but all events are performed in a de-energized environment.
What is the Purpose of the Competition?
- Encourage individual and team safety while displaying various job skills and procedures.
- Enhance the communication and safety practices of a working line team.
- Emphasize the need for learning correct and safe methods for performing certain procedures.
- Provide opportunities for all electric industry-related organizations to attend, participate and learn.
- Showcase the latest products and services used for electric line work.
The Florida Lineman Competition is a competitive event in which utility lineworkers work as teams, demonstrating their skills and knowledge in a fun and safe environment.
What are the advantages of participating in the Competition?
- Creates safety awareness
- Boosts morale
- Enhances team concepts
- Improves working skills
- Reinforces positive behavior
- Creates networking systems with other utilities
Return your registration form and fees by March 7, 2014. Names of participants may be added or changed until March 21, 2014. Refer to team registration forms for entry fees.
- Team & Apprentice registration packet (PDF)
- Online Team Registration
- Online Apprentice Registration
- Online Judge Registration
- Additional Banquet Tickets order form
As a Florida Lineman Competition sponsor or exhibitor this is your chance to show your support for the utility industry, while networking with colleagues and demonstrating your products and services to Florida’s electric line personnel. We are anticipating 25 teams and 40 apprentices from Florida municipal, cooperative and investor-owned utilities along with out-of-state utility visitors. We anticipate more than 500 people at this year’s event.
Registration, Welcome Reception and Awards Banquet will be held at the Ocala Hilton -
3600 SW 36th Avenue
Ocala, Florida 34474
Tel: (352) 854-1400
Fax: (352) 854-4010
Ocala Hilton hotel room rate $109; no parking fee
Deadline for hotel room – March 12, 2014
Room reservations: Tel: (352) 854-1400