SALARY: $67,910.55 – $105,351.56 Annually
OPENING DATE: 11/27/18
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
To apply, please visit http://www.lakelandgov.net/departments/human-resources/job-opportunities/
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF CLASS:
The Fiscal & Operations Manager assists the Department Director with Administrative Financial operations; particularly in the areas of planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of resources. Serves as liaison with Finance, Payroll, Contractors and other Business Unit personnel both within the Department and across the City.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Directs and administers Department budgets and capital improvement plans.
- Coordinates the development of financial and operating plans and performance standards for the Business Unit/department to ensure compatibility with corporate assumptions, plans and objectives.
- Prepares financial forecasts and long-term capital budgets for use in long-term financial planning.
- Facilitates the development, documentation and communication of long-range plans, objectives, goals and strategies of the Business Unit/department.
- Supervises employees responsible for complex financial and business analysis of various economic alternatives to support decision-making in the Business Unit and department wide.
- Conducts research, performs special studies and provides professional consultation in the areas of process improvement, benchmarking and performance measurement in the Business Unit and other business units as needed.
- Prepares periodic reports concerning the progress of the Business Unit/department in meeting their objectives and performance standards.
Organization and Personnel
- Recommends personnel and compensation actions for subordinates
- Establishes standards for employee productivity and performance and monitors results.
- Develops and implements appropriate training programs and monitors the professional development of employees in the work unit.
- Coordinates work with other Business Units and divisions within the Department or other City departments as required.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in accounting or Finance. MBA/MPA preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in planning, analysis or business/public administration, with at least three years in a supervisory position.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver’s license.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of financial and administrative management.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of financial planning and analysis techniques, rate of return, and break even analysis.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on technical subjects of some complexity.
- Effective presentation and oral communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, vendors and the general public
- Provides leadership to contribute to a working environment that instills employee pride, morale and commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrates a high degree of analytical skill
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new knowledge and skills as needed
- Capability in reading and accurately interpreting complex financial and accounting documents, as well as legal contracts.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE