GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs semi-professional technical work in the design of electric distribution system extensions, modifications and repairs. Does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision.
- Works with builders, developers, contractors, governmental agencies and other customers in order to develop requirements for electrical distribution facilities to serve KUA electric customers.
- Plans and prepares designs and estimates for new electrical distribution facilities and maintenance and improvements of existing electrical facilities.
- Field stakes layout of projects for distribution system additions.
- Reviews plats and easement deeds to ensure the appropriate information is obtained.
- Reviews and processes new service orders to ensure adequate facilities are in place to provide service and updates the GIS accordingly.
- Prepares City, County, State, and Railroad permits as required per project. Assigns traffic control plan in accordance with FDOT Index 600 per project requirement.
- Prepares notification to telecommunication companies attached to our facilities, as required per project, and monitors the process until completion.
- Monitors construction work in progress and coordinates with construction personnel until construction is completed.
- Prepares as-builts for completed projects.
- Assists with emergency damage assessment of facilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of distribution system design. Thorough knowledge in the use of computers. Knowledge in the use of computer aided drawing software and tools. General knowledge in surveying techniques. Knowledge in the practices of electrical distribution construction techniques. Knowledge of NEC, NESC and other local codes as applicable to the job functions. Ability to learn and utilize software, hardware and other applications, tools and equipment as required in order to perform the tasks of the job. Ability to understand legal descriptions needed for easements. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. May be required to lift or displace up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Graduation from a two (2) year technical school or community college with major course work in Engineering (A.A. or A.S. degree). A comparable combination of education and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s license issued by the State of Florida.
- Possession of a valid Florida Advance Work Zone Traffic Control Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year from the date of employment.
Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) is a municipal electric utility. Salary range: (Low) $23.77 – (High) $33.52. Excellent benefits.
To apply, please visit www.kuajobs.com.