|Salary||$25.83 – $40.06 Hourly
$2,066.08 – $3,205.15 Biweekly
$4,476.50 – $6,944.50 Monthly
$53,718.00 – $83,334.00 Annually
|Job Type||Full Time Regular|
|Location||City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida|
|General Description of Class Benefits Supplemental Questions|
|This is responsible professional work in analyzing and planning complex electric utility data. An employee in this classification performs highly skilled technical work in the assimilation, compilations, and specialized processing of utility statistics and operational data. Work involves use of computer applications, some programming, and other data gathering devices that are somewhat technical in nature. Work assignments are generally outlined by a supervisor, but the employee has ample opportunity to research, develop and administrate new methods and make suggestions to superiors. Technical supervision may be exercised over lower-level technical or clerical personnel.|
|Example of Duties:|
|· Analyzes complex financial and operational data from multiple systems.
· May operate a program such as production-modeling program to model City of Lakeland and Florida Municipal Power Pool operations and run program to allocate cost and benefits of pool operation, or Load Research programs.
· Compiles data for short-term load forecasting, billing operations, large customers, and pool operations.
· Maintains liaison between the City and consultants, vendors, government agencies, and electric utility industry organizations.
· Assists in performing studies directly and indirectly related to the development of rates, tariffs, and fuel and energy contracts.
· Runs or executes complex application procedures to obtain output in required formats.
· Creates data base reports and other analysis tools as needed to serve both internal and external customers.
· Performs computer programming and may supervise activities, such as data preparation and input, computer terminal operation, and related activities.
· Assists with the payment of Solar invoices by performing analysis to insure compliance with purchase power contracts.
· Develops and maintains necessary records and reports pertaining to fuels transportation.
· Nominates natural gas sales using FGT and Gulfstream pipeline software.
· Controls the flow of natural gas for the generating units using the Delta V Software.
· Measures the coal density by working outside in the coal yard wearing hard hat and safety shoes.
· Prepares and submits the monthly reports for natural gas, solid fuel and fuel oil to E&W finance.
· Generates analysis for fuel-related areas and makes recommendation to Fuel Manager.
· Performs related work as required.
· Prepares requisitions and change orders for purchases and payment of invoices and maintains vendor files.
|· Graduation from an accredited (4) four-year college or university with a major in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, business, planning, marketing, engineering, or a closely related field.
· Two (2) years of experience in developing and running queries, computer programming, or data analysis. Utility experience is preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position may be considered.
Required Documents: College Diploma or Unofficial Transcript and Resume
· Must possess a valid state of Florida driver’s license.
· Must maintain a valid telephone number.
· Must be able to attend meetings at locations other than primary work location.
· May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department. Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
|· Considerable knowledge of the mathematics, economics, and statistics involved in compiling and analyzing of electric utility data.
· Considerable knowledge of computer programming and modeling as applied to statistics, econometrics, planning, electric production, marketing and /or fuels.
· Knowledge of the sources of technical information and literature and the methods of obtaining and using them.
· Ability to perform studies pertaining to fiscal analysis, rates and operation research, sales projections, load research and customer analysis, and other utility system studies.
· Ability to learn unit commitment software and perform analysis of Lakeland and Pool operations for the purpose of allocating cost and benefits to pool members.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to prepare technical reports, analysis, and documents.
· Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinates as may be required.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees, consultants, other utilities, and the public.
· Ability to cope with stress, deadlines, calculating out complex analysis while remaining flexible, positive and productive in a changing environment.
· Ability to prioritize and organize duties and responsibilities and to promptly and effectively complete tasks.
· Thorough knowledge of various software including the Microsoft Office Applications of Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
· Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
· The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
· The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
· Position assigned to the Fuels Department requires working outside in the coal yard monthly wearing hard hat and safety shoes to measure inventory.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE