OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals who can assist with achieving our vision of being recognized as the best utility in the nation. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are interested in working for a family friendly employer.
We are seeking an individuals for opportunities as an Account Representative – Large Customer Accounts in the Customer Service Division.
Represent Orlando Utilities Commission as the face of the organization with assigned key commercial clients, managing productive, proactive and personalized relationships with the purpose of establishing OUC as their trusted energy advisor. Provide recommendations for service and pricing options, addressing and coordinating all energy-related solution offerings. Establish and maintain personalized customer-focused relationships in support of assigned accounts providing technical assistance, and proactive care in facilitating business opportunities related to OUC services and programs.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and advocacy with OUC’s major commercial and strategic accounts; relevant industry and community stakeholders; proactively assess account needs through consistent direct customer contact (i.e. calls, site visits, written correspondence, presentations), and meeting facilitation while responding expeditiously to problems;
- Analyze customer operations, consumption data and billing history to identify trends; advise customers on potential rate impacts, technical solutions, causes of high consumption/demand, and beneficial OUC programs, services, and technologies; provide energy and water recommendations;
- Consults with internal subject matter and technical experts to identify how to best meet customer needs; frequently relies on subject matter experts to interpret customer data and customize recommendations;
- Respond to inquiries and proactively report causes of power and water quality events; coordinate any necessary follow-up communication and information necessary to assist in resolving issues related to the events; maintain documentation of customer interactions;
- Identify opportunities for promotion of OUC services (i.e. lighting, chilled water, EV charging stations, etc.) with both existing and future/new development accounts and meet related sales objectives;
- Conduct financial analysis of proposed projects; prepare proposals; and negotiate related agreements/contracts; prepare and process contract documentation; follow-up to ensure timely delivery of services and proper billing;
- Assist in identifying new business development opportunities and enhancement of existing OUC services obtaining and maintaining a thorough knowledge of related business, technology, and regulatory issues;
- Work with developers and contractors to support services provided to commercial customers;
- Attend trade and professional association meetings and other events; to represent OUC and obtaining business development intelligence;
- Stay current on industry competition, market segment trends, new/upcoming technology, and regulatory and legal issues pertaining to OUC’s large/strategic commercial customers;
- Frequent face-to-face interaction with large, key customer account customers and resolving issues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Electric & water distribution metering infrastructure;
- Commercial and industrial energy and water efficiency measures and technology;
- Customer energy and water use purposes, capacity requirements, and rate structures
- Software Applications (i.e. CC&B);
- OUC utility infrastructure serving the customer;
- Commercial and industrial facilities including applicable energy and water efficiency measures and technologies;
- Analyzing and presenting sustainability offerings;
- Drafting service contracts and agreements;
- Associates degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Marketing or related technical field (i.e. Industrial Management), from an accredited college or university;
- A minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience including supporting commercial customers, direct interaction with customers and/or clients/customer agents, commercial account support, service planning or customer account analysis
- Must complete within one (1) year of employment:
- Achieve American Public Power Association (APPA) Key Accounts certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and listening skills
- Ability to work after normal work hours, weekends, holidays; occasional travel and attendance of functions after normal working hours;
- Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, rates, ratios and percentages;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to use standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, etc.).
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
To apply: Click here