The Florida Municipal Electric Association (FMEA), a statewide trade association, seeks a Manager of Public Affairs. This position plans and manages all legislative and regulatory initiatives that have potential impacts to electric utilities as directed by the Executive Director and Board of Directors, and ensures that FMEA maintains high levels of rapport with government entities. This position is also responsible for participating in policy discussions and developing and managing external communications with association members and the media.
- Influences and protects the interests of Florida municipal electric utilities
- Monitors all current political and legislative issues at state and federal level
- Analyzes all state and federal legislation for their impact to FMEA and its members
- Establishes and maintains contacts with outside organizations and other institutions to aid and foster government relations activities
- Provides regular updates and advises FMEA’s members and Executive Director on potential impact of proposed state and federal legislative changes
- Manages state and federal political action committees and files necessary reports
- Organizes and holds special events as needed
- Works closely with FMEA members to maintain strong grassroots/tops network
- Manages contract lobbyists
- Writes and prepares issue talk sheets and other communications
- Manages all FMEA social media platforms
- Directs and manages PR firm on press releases and op-eds
- Takes lead role in coordination of all aspects of FMEA Annual Conference
Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, pubic administration or related field with five years’ experience in government relations, communications, electric utilities, and/or associations, or equivalent training and experience. Strong writing skills is required. Social media and/or meeting planning experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary: $55,000-$70,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Excellent benefits package
Must submit to a background check
To apply: send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or mail to Hiring Manager, P.O. Box 10114, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2114.
Open until filed.