Salary: $42,744.00 0 – $66,654.00
Closing Date: Continuous
This is a responsible staff position in coordinating the use of the plant maintenance work order system through the work force management coordinator at the power plant. An employee in this classification evaluates plans, prepares and reports on maintenance activities performed in conjunction with plant work orders, maintenance procedures and outage planning. General technical supervision is received from the work force management coordinator and work performance is reviewed through conferences and regular reports.
- Prepares maintenance procedures, estimate jobs and maintains files and logs.
- Receives work orders, reviews the task and prepares the work order with detailed information such as procedural action required, manpower by craft classification, materials needed and tools required to ensure optimization of the maintenance work force.
- Plans in detail all work of a non-emergency nature for which no maintenance procedure exists; estimates the man hours required to perform the work.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel to ensure that tools and materials are pre-staged for work orders.
- Identifies and arranges ordering non-stock outage material.
- Prepares maintenance procedures for specific tasks.
- Maintains and utilizes information from maintenance history files, blueprint files, instruction manuals, maintenance procedures, special tool logs and American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME) files.
- Develops and updates outage task schedules.
- Directs work performed by contractors or City personnel on outage or other project related repairs or installations.
- Develops project initiations for review and approval by the Energy Supply Projects Coordinator.
- Plans work and purchases non-stock materials for work orders and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE):
- High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in a power plant as a journey level mechanic, electrician, instrument technician, or electronic technician, plus a sound working knowledge of maintenance practices, power plant equipment and plant systems.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
A resume and a copy of college transcripts must be uploaded with your application. Please note: The application must be completed in its entirety. The resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing the work history section of the application.
To apply: Complete our online application by visiting our website at: City of Lakeland
To apply for additional opportunities, visit our website at: http://www.lakelandgov.net/employmentservices/EmploymentServices.aspx